Arcadia Twp Real Estate
Five Lakes was settled in 1855. Three sawmills were built there with one on the Mayfield Township side. On May 28, 1869, a Five Lakes post office under postmaster William G. Stone, an inn-keeper, opened. The post office on April 6, 1874, was renamed to Asa but on April 29, 1878, returned to the Five Lakes name.A post office opened at King's Mill on December 4, 1883. The Lum settlement was founded in 1884, and Elijah Vincent became the first postmaster on March 24, 1884.
In January 1909, the Lum depot suffered an explosion. The King's Mill post office closed on February 15, 1934.