West Bloomfield Twp Real Estate
The area is known throughout metro Detroit for its large homes, nature areas, and large Jewish population.
On April 22, 1833, Bloomfield Township was divided in two, and the western portion was called West Bloomfield. The area was spotted with apple orchards throughout much of the 1800s. In fact, the plentiful apple trees located on an island in one lake led to the naming of the body of water as Orchard Lake, and the aforementioned island as Apple Island.